Mobile workers are fast becoming the norm. Long the purview of sales reps and technicians, the mobile workforce also counts among its members executives, financial types, IT specialists, designers, and virtually anyone willing to work remotely or to travel to a non-traditional job site.
Mobile work is so pervasive, in fact, that the US mobile worker population is expected to grow from a base of 96.2 million in 2015 to 105.4 million by 2020. That’s nearly three quarters (72.3 percent) of the US workforce!
With no ties to any particular physical location, mobile workers need to be connected by technology to their customers and their support systems. They also need to be, as the descriptor suggests, mobile—and often at a moment’s notice. And whether you’re a C-suite mobile worker or an IT technician, your fundamental needs are quite similar: you’re looking for organization, convenience, and peace of mind as you move from one job location to another.
- You need to be able to move the tools of your trade quickly, efficiently, with minimal fear of damage or loss during transport.
- You need to be able to unpack and access all of your gear with ease when you arrive at your work location.
- And then you need to be able to pack it all back up and move on to the next assignment.
What you need is a case, bag, or backpack you can trust to do the job.
Mobile Office Checklist
- Can your case, bag or backpack fit the necessities of your mobile office?
- Laptop, charger, mouse
- Smartphone and charger(s)
- Tablet and charger(s)
- Battery backup(s)
- Can you fit extra gear?
- Wireless keyboard
- Mobile scanner or printer
- Portable AC Laptop Battery Charger
- USB hub
- Miscellaneous cords and cables
- What about space for non-electronic essentials?
- Snacks and water
- Medicines and toiletries — even a change of clothes!
- Can you pack and re-pack your case, bag, or backpack easily, or do you need to spend what seems like half your day packing it up, and the other half dismantling?
- Can you store the case, bag, or backpack under the seat in front of you on a plane, or does every Uber driver beg mercy trying to heft the bulk of your pack?
- Are you confident that your case, bag, or backpack will hold up to the rigors of travel and protect your valuable gear?
- Does your case, bag, or backpack help you make a good first impression on your clients and other travelers? Like it or not, style points count, and looking good can make you feel empowered and confident when you’re on the road.
Mobile Edge Solutions
The Mobile Edge “Pro” Series: Professional Backpack and Rolling Laptop Case Combo
Mobile Edge’s Professional Rolling Laptop Case, a 2016 TWICE VIP Award Winner, and the matching Professional Backpack, which fits securely atop the rolling case using a trolley strap, are perfect for business travelers and students. Stylish, durable, and highly functional, the case features an adjustable compartment to fit tablets, notebooks, and laptops from 13 to 17 inches, while the backpack holds laptops and other devices 13 to 16 inches.
The Graphite Line: Look Sharp & Travel Smart
Mobile Edge’s new Graphite Line special collection sports a modern, edgy look, representing a fresh take on seven of our most popular and bestselling cases redesigned using a new, premium ‘graphite’ nylon material combined with a fashion-inspired interior lining. The result is a collection of user-proven products built specifically to fit the individual tastes and personal styles of a wide range of mobile consumers.
ScanFast Checkpoint-Friendly Collection
Mobile Edge’s ScanFast™ Collection for men and women features industry-leading “Checkpoint Friendly” cases and backpacks designed to speed travelers with laptops through airport security checkpoints. Our ScanFast™ technology exceeds Transportation Security Administration (TSA) guidelines for carry-on luggage, allowing screeners to scan laptops while the laptops remain inside the bag.