High school sports aren’t just for football, soccer, and field hockey athletes anymore. eSports is quickly becoming a recognized sport in high schools, one popular with players and with fans.
PlayVS, a venture-backed organization from Los Angeles, recently partnered with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) and the NFHS Network to begin rolling out of a national esports league for high schools across the USA. They plan an inaugural season beginning this October, with schools from more than 15 states expected to participate.
Just like traditional high school athletes, eSports participants will represent their schools and compete for championships, with the potential to earn varsity letters playing their favorite video games competitively.
- Students will be able to create their own teams for a variety of different games.
- NFHS Network’s live-streaming platform will broadcast some of the games alongside the other 50,000 high school sports events it already streams.
- The competition is expected to culminate in offline regional and state championships, funded by PlayVS.
eSports Popularity Soars
According to inc.com, gamers worldwide aged 18 to 25 spend nearly three and a half hours each week watching other people play video games online. Compare that statistic to the two hours and 33 minutes young people spend watching traditional sports, and it’s easy to understand the power and the potential of eSports.
In his article, Watching Video Games Is Now Bigger Than Traditional Spectator Sporting Events, author Darren Heitner explains that, “It was once unfathomable that I would actually spend time watching other people play video games, but now I absolutely understand the intrigue and even see how it can be more enjoyable than watching professional athletes perform on TV.”
With all this interest in eSports, participants and enthusiasts alike now more than ever need a reliable way to stow and transport their gear from home to school to gaming venues and back again . . . and Mobile Edge is leading the way.
CORE Gaming Products
Named the 2017 VIP Award Winner in TWICE Magazine’s PC Accessories category, the CORE Gaming Backpack is functional, stylish, innovative, and popular with gamers, techies, travelers, students, road warriors, and busy professionals.
The full-featured CORE Gaming Backpack offers the ultimate in transport, protection, storage, and easy access to gaming gear, accessories, and other cool techs.
- Sized to hold all popular models of gaming laptops (up to 17″ – 18”)
- Three large storage sections pre-wired for a power bank or external battery
- Four side accessory pockets for cables, phones, or oversized water bottles or snacks
- Built-in external USB charge port
- Checkpoint-friendly design to speed through TSA checkpoints
- Constructed of durable ballistic nylon with tailored contrast stitching
- Lifetime warranty
Gamers and their followers may be particularly interested in the Core Gaming Backpack with Velcro panel, which features a Velcro panel on which athletes and fans can affix patches and emblems of their favorite teams.
Gamers also need power and performance on the go, and Mobile Edge’s CORE product line offers two options to meet the mobile power supply needs of users.
CORE Power AC USB (27,000mAh Portable Laptop Charger)
The compact and versatile CORE Power AC, with its massive battery capacity, provides extreme power and performance for even your most power-hungry devices! It features a universal AC outlet that delivers an incredible 85 watts of power. With 27,000mAh, you can plug in and power laptops and personal electronics, as well as USB devices.
- Features: Universal AC outlet, 3 High-Speed USB ports, High-Power USB-C port, Quick Charge 3.0 technology, Rapid DC input, Fast recharging, Sleek & ultra-portable design, Airplane friendly, International wall socket adapters (AU/US/UK/EU) included
CORE Power (26,800mAh Portable USB Battery/Charger)
Perfect for business professionals, travelers, students, and other commuters, the CORE Power battery/charger easily slips into a briefcase, handbag, backpack, or carry-on for reliable universal portable power at your fingertips. Works with smartphones, tablets, cameras, speakers, drones, Bluetooth headsets, wearables, and other USB devices.
- Features: Ultra-high battery capacity, Charges most smartphones 8 to 12 times or tablets 2 to 3 times, Quick Charge 3.0 technology, Displays real-time information about battery and connected devices, Airplane friendly
eSports is a Game Changer
Mobile Edge recognizes that the growth of esports is a game changer—not only for the athletes who participate, but for fans, schools, franchises, the entertainment industry, and investors big and small. We pride ourselves on continuously innovating new designs and new products that offer cutting-edge mobility solutions for a wide range of gaming and esports needs.
Check out the CORE Gaming Backpack and other CORE accessories at Mobile Edge.