It’s been called the “cradle of nerd civilization” and “one of the most feverishly anticipated pop-cultural events of the year” (Rolling Stone). Its 4-days have been called crazy, insane . . . and an unmissable “circus.” I’m talking about San Diego’s Comic-Con of course, now in its 47th year.
Will you be one of the more than 130,000 attendees braving the lines to get your nerd on this July 21 to 24 at the San Diego Convention Center?
MORE THAN COMICS
Over the years, Comic-Con has grown to become much more than just another comic book convention. It’s the gathering place for anything and everything related to comics, film, gaming, TV, and pop culture.
You’ll find “A” through “D” list celebrities there on panels and in the crowds, find exclusive and collectible merchandise, try out new games, view new movie trailers and TV pilots, and get to mingle with like-minded enthusiasts and cosplayers (many of whom attend in costume).
- Marvel fans can enjoy the latest Dr. Strange trailer, or a sneak peek at Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
- DC fans will be treated to a look at the long-awaited Suicide Squad film or perhaps get their first taste of Wonder Woman.
- All the major broadcast and cable networks will be there, highlighting shows ranging from ABC’s Once Upon a Time and FOX’s Gotham, to AMC’s The Walking Dead, HBO’s Game of Thrones, and FX’s Archer and The Strain.
- Gamers can get behind the scenes looks at Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Warcraft: The Road to Legion, and help celebrate 20 years of both Resident Evil and Tomb Raider, plus lots more. (See listing of Comic-Con video game-related programming.)
Not all the excitement will be at the Convention Center. Much of downtown San Diego gets involved in the extravaganza as well, including hotels, parks, restaurants, and many others. Numerous events such as games, anime, the Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival and the Eisner Awards all take place outside the Convention Center.
Comic-Con is family friendly, targeting children from ages 2 to 100! Autographs and fan interaction are commonplace. It’s safe to say, if you’re into it, you can find it at Comic-Con.
- Younger kids can catch the latest on their favorite TV shows, movies, games, and comics, as well as celebrity and character panels and events (especially on Sunday).
- While older kids will relish what’s new, as well as appearances by their favorite talents from yesteryear and other nostalgic fare.
Let’s face it. You’ve made the effort to get to Comic-Con, ponied up for the tickets, got your visitor’s badge, and you’re eager to get going. Now is NOT the time to fall short on gear for the event that will help make the most of the experience for you and your family.
As a Comic-Con attendee, you’re encouraged to bring snacks, water, portable electronics, and anything else you need to make the most of your time there. Plus, you’ll need something to tote home all the free loot and paid merchandize you’re bound to pick up along the way.
The good news is that backpacks and other carrying bags are allowed at Comic-Con, subject to search of course for security reasons (rolling luggage is not allowed, presumably to save wear and tear on the toes of your fellow patrons).
The even better news is that with Mobile Edge backpacks for men and women, you can take it with you! Mobile Edge’s men’s bags and women’s bags are the perfect carry-all solution to complement your Comic-Con adventure. They offer style, storage, and safety for your valuable gear and supplies.
As for gamers planning to participate in Comic-Con tournament play, Mobile Edge and Alienware have partnered to create some of the most cutting edge bags and backpacks available. Each is designed to protect your valuable electronics and make it easy for you to transport your gear comfortably and conveniently.
In fact, Mobile Edge is so committed to helping gamers take their gaming experience to the next level, we’re giving away a FREQ Mad Catz Wireless Headset. For contest details and to enter, visit Mobile Edge’s Facebook page. There, enter your first and last name, email address, and don’t forget to like/follow us for more giveaways!
For additional details on the who, what, and where of San Diego’s Comic-Con 2016, visit the Comic-Con 2016 Website.