What do you talk about around the holidays? Do you talk about taboo topics such as religion and politics that’ll get you into trouble, or tried and true subject matter such as the weather and the score of the football game? Ho-hum.
This holiday season, consider these 10 table talk topics to get the conversation started and focused on thoughtful subjects designed to steer clear of pitfalls and social taboos:
1. If you were a character in your favorite TV show who would you be . . . and why?
2. Who is your hero—from real life or fiction—and why? How are you like him or her in everyday life?
3. If you were marooned on a desert island and could have three comfort items, what would they be and why?
4. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? What is it about this place that appeals to you most?
6. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? From whom did you receive it, and how has this advice affected your life?
7. If someone gave you $10,000 right now, how would you spend it? Why?
8. What’s your best talent? What talent do you wish you had? Why?
9. What three qualities do you respect most in other people and why?
10. What kind of games do you like best? Why do you like this type of gaming?
Whether you’re on holiday with friends or family, don’t let typical table talk bring down your holiday cheer—either because of things spoken that are best left unsaid, or from the lack of a spark for conversation ideas. And for those quiet moments, between holiday meals and revelry, don’t fret that you can’t take your mobile office, communications connectivity, or even your gaming devices with you. Mobile Edge makes it possible with products such as our SmartPack Backpacks, or our business professionals collection. Each offers durability, style, and optimal storage for a wide range of devices and user needs.