For those who need a reminder, Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 14—a day to give Mom a card, some flowers, and take her out to brunch or dinner in recognition for all she’s done and continues to do for your family each and every day.
In addition to the aforementioned “standard” Mother’s Day gifts and rituals, we at Mobile Edge thought it would be fun to suggest a few non-traditional gifts your Mom might enjoy.
1. Write your Mom a “thank-you” letter, recognizing all those things she’s done for you and the family over the years.
2. If you’re the creative type, write her a poem or a song. Rhyming is not necessary, just your genuine feelings, which she’ll surely treasure.
3. Make her a playlist for her phone or tablet. It can be sentimental, filled with tenderhearted songs, or contain songs she really likes. Either way, she’s sure to appreciate the gesture.
4. Make her a photo CD, DVD or thumb drive, collecting all those digital photos you’ve taken over the past year (or years). We all take so many photos these days and hardly ever print them out or put them in some sort of collection for easy viewing. Here’s your chance!
5. Start a scrapbook for Mom. Save mementos from trips, outings, and special occasions spent with your mother and the family and use these as “seeds” to start a family scrapbook that you can hand over to your mother to keep going forward.
6. Give your Mom a personal care kit (soaps, lotions, bath oils, wine, etc.) and a day (or the weekend) off to enjoy them . . . and it doesn’t have to be Mother’s Day; it can be any day or weekend of her choosing.
7. Get Mom’s car detailed. It’s probably something she’d never consider doing for herself. If detailing is out of the questions, at least wash it for her!
8. Make a donation to a charity in her name. One way to do this is by purchasing an item from Mobile Edge’s Caring Case Collection of backpacks and totes. Through our Mobile Edge Cares program, we donate 10% of the retail selling price of Caring Case Collection items directly to charitable causes, such as Breast Cancer and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® (NCMEC).
9. If your Mom is a busy professional or traveler, get her something she can really use. Mobile Edge’s new Professional Backpack and Rolling Case combination provides a great option for packing essential electronics and other personal items in one convenient mobile-friendly unit, saving your Mom wear and tear on her back.
10. You can even help Mom stay environmentally conscious with Mobile Edge’s Ecollection line of environmentally-friendly cases. These casual, lightweight alternatives to traditional briefcases pack a lot of style and function into a minimal carbon footprint.
Do you have other gift ideas for Mom? If so, share them here.
In the meantime, be sure to give your Mom the greatest gift of all. Take a few moments now and on Mother’s Day to honor your Mom for all the big things and little things she does or has done in your life, day in and day out, the whole year through.
Happy Mother’s Day!